Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving for 2

This year's Thanksgiving was a little strange and bittersweet.  Part of my family had other obligations, and the rest got together right during Sophia's nap time.  I decided to stay home with Sophia so she could get her nap and it was actually nice being alone with her.  We are so rarely alone together and we had a good time.  We watched the Macy's parade and Sophia was beside herself.  She was dancing and clapping the whole time! We played for a long time and took a nap and I made us dinner when we got up.  On our menu was: veggie burgers, mashed sweet potatoes, quinoa, and peas and carrots.  Not your traditional meal, but the whole day was a bit nontraditional.  We had fun none the less.  Even with all that has happened in the past 6 months, I am still very thankful for all my family and friends for their help and support.  I am most thankful for this beautiful little girl that keeps me going. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Onward to the next holiday!





1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!! No pressures, no needing to behave or act a certain way, just joy in being together. That's what it *should* be, right? <3

Post a Comment